Sunday, December 09, 2007

And the months will fade...

How do I explain it?? Life, love, loss....and gains. I could go into the details, but you, the reader, if you do not already know, then follow the lines...

Life is a vacation. You work, you live, and then you die. There is always a speck of us, a tiny quark, that outlives our memory. Some things in life will fade away...The promises made, the embraces shared, connections and networks...they will all fade away. The only thing that you can rely on is your family...and your other family: the group of friends that will do anything for you, and that you will repay in kind.

I loved in the not-so-distant past. As brightly as it burned, the flames grew out of my control, and I was burned. I have spent the past few months in the burn unit. I was given skin grafts from those closest to me, and I have survived because of their selflessness. I fell and broke my body, and have been made whole again. It is the kind of generosity that one hopes for from friends....from brothers.

The cold dark is beckoning me. I have only the prospect of a warm flame to guide me through. I know it is there somewhere in the forest of my mind. She is keeping it warm, tending it with fuel diligently, and ever awaiting my arrival. My pace quickens as the days grow longer.

Is this world ready for peace?? Is my heart ready for change?? Am I ready to do my part?? Am I strong enough to tend the flame awaiting me??

Muse: "Different Names for the Same" Death Cab for Cutie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home